Sunday, September 19, 2010

Perfect Timing....

God has such perfect timing.  Just when my soul starts to get lonely for girl friends, one comes to visit:).  I had such a great time over Labor Day weekend in Maine with Kelly, and then the lovely Meg came for a fun four day weekend last weekend.  I was off work because of Rosh Hashanna, so it was doubly exciting!
Meg is one of those friends that you can just pick up right where you left off with.  We have such a great combination of a deep friendship, common interests/values, and a silliness that is unmatchable.  So basically, almost all of my friendship needs were met during her visit.  We had some really great conversations, entertained ourselves with great food, shopping, and site-seeing, and squeezed in some silly accents, dancing, and people-watching:).  Thanks Meg for coming to visit me and help me refill my friendship bank!!

Meg's one touristy request for this trip was to go to the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  We had a great time posing with the statues:).



I am a very fierce warrior.

After leaving the Met, we wanted to get to the west side of central park.  As we were strolling along, we wandered upon a filming of Law and Order, Special Victims Unit.  We definitely stayed long enough to watch the 45 second scene be taped:).  We couldn't really hear what was going on, but the cop touched the face of the lady on the stretcher.  If you see that happen when watching Law and Order, know that we were there to witness it.



Allie, Meg's roommate came with her as well.  Unfortunately she got sick and flew home the next day.  This is us getting drinks before we went to see Fela the musical.

I snapped a shot of the beautiful, colorful set right before three workers came running at me to tell me to put away my camera.  Whoops!

Meg and I went to see the Empire State Building.  When we got there, we realized it cost more than we were wanting to spend to go up in it.  So, we settled for taking a picture beside it.  Who would have known it was so short???

We decided to spend the money we saved from the Empire State Building tour on a cupcake.  Well, we may or may not have had two cupcakes over the weekend.  DE-LI-CIOUS.  I have made a promise to myself that I will have a cupcake everytime someone visits.

I discovered the Boat Basin Cafe one Friday after work with coworkers and knew it would be a fun place to take Meg.  The scenery is beautiful, and the weather was great as well!

We even conned Eric into some girl time.

Well, thats the weekend at a glance, folks!  I can definitely say that whenever I have visitors, it reminds me of how lucky I am to have such great friends.  I am getting increasingly excited for Thanksgiving, when I get to be back in the Hoosier State.  Love ya Meg!

3 comments:

  1. Looks so fun! And you're hair is lookin awesome and flowly these days Kelly! When we come visit in a few, we'll definitely want a cupcake too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see friend having fun! Get ready for some more!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS...We're totally getting a cupcake!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete