Sunday, September 19, 2010

New Camera Fun!

My fabulous husband gave me my 30th birthday present two weeks early....it was a new SLR camera!  I have wanted one of these for a couple of years now, so I was super excited.  I am going to sign up for a photography class December-February so I can really take advantage of what this type of camera has to offer.  Yay!

I was eager to play around with the camera, so Eric, Murphy, and I had a typical New York day today.  We got up early, stopped by Starbucks (iced coffee for Eric, Arnold Palmer for me....), and headed to the Brooklyn Bridge Park.  We killed a billion birds with one stone on this one - we got exercise, Murphy got a walk, we spent time together, we enjoyed the weather, we took in the city, we relaxed, AND...I took my first pictures with my camera.  Now, I am still the same rookie photographer I was with my point and shoot camera, but I am amazed at home much of a difference a camera makes.  These pictures look ten times better than anything I have taken with the ole Kodak.  Here they are!


 The beverages.

 The view.

 The subjects.

 The hottie.  No silly, not Murphy!

 The tongue.

 The lady.

 The photographer.

 The Brooklyn Bridge.

 The world's most awesome dog.

I am sure I will force my pictures upon the blogging world more in the future. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. nice pics! are you rocking a galveston island shirt in the pic w/murphy? miles loves him by the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah for the new camera - great pics!

    ReplyDelete