Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Wedding!

Alright, alright, I am back. I know it's bad form to start a blog and then ditch it for 3 weeks. But, I think I have a pretty good excuse. Got married, went on a honeymoon, and drove my life across the country to my new home in New York City. I have redeemed myself by taking lots of pictures of the last few weeks events so I would have at least 3 good blogs prepared. Ready for the first?? Here it is!

The Wedding Weekend
I know it is cliche to say your wedding was perfect, but I honestly have to say that I wouldn't have changed a thing from the moment Eric stepped off the plane on Thursday morning until we stepped off the plane after our honeymoon. Well, I might have changed the crazy wedding planner lady at the Fountains...but that's another story.

On Thursday afternoon Eric and I finished some last minute details, like getting our marriage license, picking up his tux, and getting bridal party gifts ready. We decided to spend Thursday evening apart, visiting with our separate friends and family. One of my favorite moments from the weekend was having dinner and a Margarita at a Mexican restaurant with my awesome friends from high school. I have known these girls anywhere from 15-25 years. We have the type of friendship that just picks up where it left off. These girls are so dear to me. Here is a pic of us, with some kids included.


On Friday, Eric and his posse decided to go golfing for a mini bachelor party. I got pampered with the ladies with a manicure and pedicure. We had lunch and mimosas at Petit Chou to spend some more time together. I like to find ways to sneak that place in whenever I can:).

Friday evening we had the rehearsal. It was a little more stressful (remember crazy wedding planner lady???) than I had hoped for, but a chaotic rehearsal makes for a smooth ceremony! Thanks to the best man Dan (must have been a wedding planner in his former life) and my amazing officiant, Nick, we worked through the bumps. After the rehearsal we all went to Zionsville for dinner at Eric's parents. If you ever need to plan a rehearsal dinner in the future, I recommend having it catered at someone's house! Janice, Eric's mom, took care of every detail from ordering the delicious Macaroni Grill feast, to decorating the house in our wedding colors, to having neighborhood friends come over to serve us. It was absolutely perfect, and it provided the laid back atmosphere we were wanting. After passing out gifts (which incuded an emotional reading of the letter I wrote my parents....my dad is such a sap), we wrapped the night up with a competitive round of Catch Phrase, Smith family style.

Alright, the main event. I will try to make this more breif then the rest of this has been and let the pictures tell the story. The ladies got our hair done at Static Salon in the morning. Meg and I went to Bobbi Brown for makeup, and then we made it to the Fountains. Pictures, waiting, laughing, talking, waiting, more pictures, putting on the dress, singing, snacking, more pictures, waiting....and then it was time! Here ya go:




5 comments:

  1. Love the blogs...keep them coming! And your wedding weekend was perfect for me too! You and your planning kept us all entertained and hanging out!

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number One, love the blog and I feel like we will keep in contact because of it so keep it coming! Number Two, adorable with the letter to dad. Number Three, I am so sad I didn't get to write a quilt square! :(
    Number Four, so happy for you and can't wait for honeymoon pics from the cruise!
    Number Five, I miss you already and am so happy to see you so smiley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO!!!! I just realized I forgot to sign a quilt square. Boo. I'm so sad! Hope NYC is treating you both well! Please eat some yummy pizza for me! Miss & Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture with you and the little ones. A future you possibly?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You looked beautiful, Kel!

    (-Stevie)

    ReplyDelete