Sunday, June 13, 2010

Things I love about being a Hoosier...

Amidst all of the excitement of the wedding week, I decided to take a second and reflect on the fact that I am also getting ready to move from the place I have called home for the past 7 years (Indianapolis), or 27 years (Indiana), depending on how you look at it. Now, I am in no way sad that I am moving to an amazing place to be with an amazing man and have amazing adventures. But, there are some things that I will miss. I know these things are not leaving my life, they just will be much further away. Here are a few that come to mind (warning....this list is NOT all inclusive.)

*My parents

*My nieces


*My brother and sister-in-law

*My NEW family (yeah Smiths!!!)
*Common Ground
*house church
*Greenbriar
*NOT being a classroom teacher:)
*Grass
*The Monon
*Fave restaurants: Petit Chou, Monon Food Company, Yats, Bazbeauxs
*The open sky
*Close girl friends (the list is endless)
*The Voights (our Indy "couple" friends:) )
*Driving a car
*Decks
*Porches
*Fenced in back yards
*Being known
*Knowing people
*Knowing where to go to get anything done
*Fountain pops in stirofoam cups
*Free refills
*Movie theaters without long lines
*Anything without long lines
*Supermarkets

Alright, that is all that comes to mind for now. However, I think it is important to note the one thing I will NOT miss that will make leaving all of those things behind worth it....
BEING STATES AWAY FROM THE MAN I LOVE. It is totally worth it to be close to him:).

4 comments:

  1. wooohoooo we made the list :)

    you are cute. and i'm excited about your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are gonna have a blast! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are going to miss you so much but are extremely excited for you as you become the new "Mrs. Smith". Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all take some leap of faith when we have found the one we love...Eric too will be taking a leap somewhere down the line if he has not already. From someone who jumped states for the man I love - I'm here for ya girl. I love how you are looking at this as an adventure because it will be some of the best memories you and him make your first year, together, just the two of you. Although being away from everything(one) on that list, creating a world just the two of you is exactly what is a healthy start! :)

    ReplyDelete