Sunday, October 24, 2010

And this is how we bond....

This is how the Smith family bonds after a long weekend with great friends!

 We get comfy and lounge around...

 We make something in the crock pot, because it makes the whole house smell delicious...

 And we ALWAYS have dessert:)

Eric and I had our last of a steady stream of visitors this weekend.  We had the pleasure of spending four days with the Welus! Amanda and I have been great friends for about 20 years now, so I was really looking forward to their visit.  As you can see, she has a baby bump going on.  She was a trooper and didn't let that hold her back from exploring the city!  One of our highlights together was exploring Central Park and taking part in an NBC Studios tour.  Thanks for coming to see us Welus!

 Here she is with the bump!

 Aww, such a great couple.

I also enjoyed the opportunity to experiment with my camera as we were exploring.  There were two guys making enormous bubbles for onlookers.  It was a great chance to work on snapping the camera at just the right time...
 I love that the camera really captures the color and transparency at the same time. 

 My goal was to get the bubble mid-burst, and I did it!

 Pretty cool...

 The park has many great places to experiment with color....I enjoyed myself as I tried out the different camera settings under this bridge. 


 I really want to take a class, because I don't have a natural eye for beautiful spaces and angles.  Its fun to try anyway!

I decided to play around more with the cool plant Chad and Kim got us as an "apartment warming" gift during their visit:).  I think it's the prettiest thing in our apartment.  



No comments:

Post a Comment