Monday, August 2, 2010

Fun, Friends, and Family

It's official....I have started work.  That means my blogging may become a bit less frequent.  However, I am going to try VERY hard not to let that happen.  Not that I think people will throw fits if they can't read about my life regularly (I know better than that!), but because I really want this year in NYC to be well documented.  That way, when we are old and boring, we can look back at this and think, 'Man, remember when we were younger and hip?'  I am not sure that is what we will say...it may be more like, 'Man, remember when we were silly and liked to go out to eat alot? Yeah, nothing's changed.'  Well, so we can look back and feel like nothing HAS changed, I want this year's memories to be documented. So, on to documenting.....

Eric and I are really trying to get into the habit of eating at home more often.  This helps us save money, eat a little healthier (not much, by the look of the food we have been cooking...), and avoid the craziness of this city a little bit.  Some recipes are very average, but I do have to say we had a delicious one a couple Friday's ago. 

This one is Rosti Casserole with toast.  It is basically cheesy hashbrown goodness with baked eggs on top.  Click on the link of you are interested in trying it. 

Because we tend to stay holed up in our apartment eating homecooked dinners on Friday nights, we have made Saturdays our day to explore.  Two Saturday's ago we decided to discover more of Brooklyn.  We went on a long walk to the new Brooklyn Bridge Park.  

This is eventually going to be an enormous park along the East River on the Brooklyn side.  It will be six piers long, though they only opened pier one and pier six.  We at pier one in the picture above.

If you notice the central building in the distance, the park will eventually go past that.  It is a pretty fabulous place. 

This trendy little hipster bar/restaurant called Superfine is another fabulous place.  Eric and I had the best fish cakes ever there.  Actually, they may be the only fish cakes we have ever had. 


Last week I had the pleasure of being surrounded by friends again.  Mallory came to visit her sister and myself in New York.  We all spent a lot of time together. 
John (Lauren's boyfriend, Lauren (Mallory's sister), and Mallory

Then, I went back to Indiana during the later part of the weekend.  I got some quality time with my peeps in Indianapolis, and then I got to spend lots of time with my family at a wedding.

BRIC's ice cream, yum!

All the ladies....

Chuck with his dancing face....

Silly faces

Too cool for school.  Don't worry, those weren't Chad's sunglasses.

Maddy learned the art of taking her own picture.  She did it with such seriousness! Kim and I decided this would be a great slide show picture someday:)


5 comments:

  1. Okay several comments:
    -1st I WOULD be very disappointed if I didn't get to hear and see pics of as much of the crazy and mundane life moments of your NYC adventure on the blog.

    2nd - I love that you're posting dinner pics and recipes. I've recently been very interested in what other people are trying and loving to freshen up our own kitchen menus

    3rd - I like Superfine b/c it reminds me of Hudson's room with those floating spheres!

    4th - That wedding w/ your fam looked like a blast!

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best at keeping me posted. I really love reading about your adventures. Love You so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay so i think this is so smart. i wish i would have done this for the last 7 years of my cali life....gonna have to put together something...you have inspired me!

    please please please keep posting. i can hear your voice when i read it and it makes me so happy!! and i agree with amanda, recipes....good!

    loves you kel

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahoo! I made the blog! I type this slowly as I just jabbed a piece of glass into one of my fingers while I was cleaning the new place. I'm awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So just one question - how many pictures are you going to have over the next year with Eric's arm stretched out in the lower corner?! Love it!

    ReplyDelete