Monday, August 9, 2010

Five Boroughs, One Week!

In one week I (Kelly) was able to step foot into all five boroughs of New York City! Eric was along for three of them.  Well, we live in Brooklyn, so that one is a given.  Then, I flew into LaGuardia airport after my stint in Indiana.  LaGuardia is located in Queens, so that takes care of number two.

Two days later, I left for my first day of work.  I say "left," because my first day of work consisted of a four day/three night retreat at a college campus on Staten Island.  I will have to devote an entire blog post to my new school system, because so much about it is noteworthy.  But, I will save that for another day!  My lovely husband woke up early to send my off on my first day of work and take a picture of me:).  Isn't he handsome??


After the four day work retreat, Eric and I were ready to spend some quality time together.  We decided to explore the one and only, Central Park in Manhattan.  We had both been there several times to pass through.  Neither of us had really spent any time scoping out the place though.  We probably walked a total of six miles going through the beautiful park.  Who knew some of these things were in there??

Who knew there were lakes with row boats?? Not me.

Who knew there were historical log cabins? Not me.

Who knew there was an enormous reservoir? You guessed it...not me!

Who knew there were remote control sail boat ponds? Nope, not me.

Who knew there were shirtless men who performed Jack and Diane for a participatory crowd? I probably could have guessed that one. 

Who knew there were the two coolest people in the world?? Joking, joking....

 Eric's favorite borough of the tour would be the one we went to two nights ago.....the Bronx.   Why the Bronx, you might ask?  Because it is the home of his beloved Yankees, of course!  The first time I met Eric's parents, his dad set me down to ask me some tough questions.  I learned quickly during that Q&A session that my favorite teams were to be Ohio State and more importantly, the Yankees, if I ever wanted to be a part of that family.  So, as my wedding gift to Eric, I got us two tickets to the Yankees/Red Sox game on Saturday.  We had a great time.  



Mmm, delicious ball park food and drinks.


We spit on this guy a lot. (just kidding mom!)




So there they are....the five boroughs in a nutshell! We are looking forward to my parents visiting this weekend....stay tuned!


5 comments:

  1. man, that teal shirt looks pretty T like if you ask me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks for the all the great updating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first day of school picture, too cute! Seems like it's a good thing you walk so much living in the city considering all the good food everywhere. Nice shout out to BRICS, I have to remind myself it's not just a block away from my office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blog! Your writing cracks me up...the central park photos and captions are hilarious. I need to keep up with your posts more often! It looks like NY is fun for you guys so far.

    ReplyDelete